NXT Public Node Setup
1. Get a Server
There are many reliable server providers and these instructions can be used for most of them..
- Choose your server - you do not need a large, expensive instance.
- These instructions are written for Ubuntu, so choose Ubuntu 16.04 (64 Bit) when ordering.
2. Prepare the Server
- Sign in to the Control Panel.
- You may be asked to set a hostname for the server - any name will work and will be used to identify the server.
- Use the built in console or open a command line box on your computer to run the following commands:
- apt-get update
- apt-get install openjdk-8-jre nano screen ufw
- ufw default deny incoming
- ufw allow 7876
- ufw allow 7874
- ufw enable
3. Install the NXT Client
- wget https://www.jelurida.com/nxt-client.zip
- unzip nxt-client.zip
4. Configure Properties
- cd nxt/conf
- nano nxt.properties
Add this to new file:
CTRL X and then Y to save.
5. Run the Node
- cd ../
- screen bash ./run.sh
- The NXT blockchain will download.
- Screen bash command allows you to close the command window while the client to continues to run.
- Visit the client in browser here: http://IPaddress:7876
- Create and fund new account.
- Observe node status here: https://www.peerexplorer.com
- REMEMBER to update your node with every NRS release.