1. Get a Server
There are many reliable server providers and these instructions can be used for most of them.
- Choose your server – Because Ardor has addressed issues of blockchain bloat you do not need a large, expensive instance.
- These instructions are written for Ubuntu, so choose Ubuntu 16.04 (64 Bit) when ordering.
2. Prepare the Server
- Sign in to the Control Panel.
- You may be asked to set a hostname for the server – any name will work and will be used to identify the server.
- Use the built in console or open a command line box on your computer to run the following commands:
apt-get install openjdk-8-jre nano screen ufw
ufw default deny incoming
ufw allow 27876
ufw allow 27874
3. Install Ardor Client
4. Configure Properties
Add this to new file:
CTRL X and then Y to save.
5. Run the Node
screen bash ./run.sh
6. Things to Note
- The blockchain will download.
- Screen bash command allows you to close the command window while the client to continues to run.
- Visit the client in browser here: http://IPaddress:27876
- Create and fund new account.
- Observe node status here: https://ardor.peerexplorer.com
- REMEMBER to update your node with every NRS release.